Take none for granted.
To show gratitude.
Thank you, WordPress friends,
For being so very kind.
I love your comments!
“But I rejoice with a deep and holy joy
that now at length you have
revived your thoughtfulness for my welfare.
Indeed you have always been thoughtful for me,”
Ba no kuuki wo yomu culture in Japan. The ability of “Sensing someone’s feelings” generates thoughtfulness in Japanese culture and “understanding the situation without words”
A Thoughtful Tenacious Man
Thoughtful is not just how you treat others, but it is how you treat yourself, too. It is how you embrace life.
Steve Jobs is a man who faced many challenges in his life – experienced enormous success – and endured failures that would have devastated a more thoughtful, tenacious man.
A while after he knew his life span was limited, he gave an address to a group of college graduates. It is labeled as “One of the Greatest Speeches Ever.” It will give you pause to be thoughtful … and to experience the rest of your life much more thoughtfully. Do take time to hear it (even if you have done so already).
Ten thoughtful take-aways from Steve’s message:
- Your beginnings in life do not have to define your life’s endings
- Being a drop-out does not have to make you a loser. Trust that it will work out OK.
- Tenaciously stumble into opportunities as you discover them. Grab them!
- Dropping out may give you a chance to drop in to something better.
- Find what you love and thoughtfully pursue it.
- Don’t be afraid to start over; enjoy the lightness of being a beginner again.
- Don’t lose faith.
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do.
- Live each day as if it is your last.
- Death clears out the old to make room for the new… your life is limited. Make the most of it.
What did you think of that Steve Jobs address?
Thanks for visiting – and thoughtfully responding.
See ya tomorrow (God willing)