Each day as I read my Daily Guideposts
and reflect on what the message
means to me, I create a “Take-Away.”
I have a page or two on which I record them.
Here are the take-aways from July.
Which one or two resonates with you
as a “Take-away” for the month
that you can carry with you into August?
- Be an investor in prople
- Be grateful for daily love, joy, and peace
- Celebrate the peace of Christ
- Freedom isn’t free!
- Treasure your friends; tell ’em so
- Happy Birthday, Mary Grace Reynolds (my pastor)
- Thank God for our loving children
- Celebrate the birthdays of friends
- Enjoy every day the Lord gives us
- Share freely and generously with others
- Spend quality time with our God/Creator
- Take refuge in the familiar
- Thank God for free will
- As God for direction; then Trust the Journey
- Care for the vulnerable
- Celebrate milestones with friends
- Keep an “I’m good” attitude
- Share the humor and laughter of others
- Slow down and watch where you’re walkin’
- Be forever grateful for God’s miracles
- Home is where angels live to guard us
- His grace is sufficient
- Praise God, friends & family for love
- Love your spouse, church family & kids extravagantly
- Love and appreciate the color in your life
- Git Movin’
- Praise God for His love, mercy, and guardian angels
- Be sure to exercise daily
- Thank God for giving you momentum
- Thank Jesus for His companionship
I read both
Mornings with Jesus
up in my sanctuary.
Been doing it for over a decade now.
They help me plan my day
and start off on the right foot.
With the “Take-Away”
tucked in my heart,
I head down the circle staircase
with this 12 step prayer
spoken to God on my way:
Dear God,And at that point, I am at the bottom… ready to start my day.
Thank you for the
2. joy, and
3. peace (that are mine) –
Help me with:
6. goodness, and
7. faithfulness (which brings blessings).
Help me with
8. gentleness, and
10. Help me live humbly
with an attitude of gratitude,
and a response of
11. generosity, forgiveness,
12. obedience and integrity.
In Jesus’ name,
Which of the Take-Aways from June or July will you carry into August with you?
Have an Awesome month!
See ya tomorrow (God willing)