Each month our Madison Valley Woman’s Club meets for lunch and a business meeting. My role in the organization is to be their “Inspirational Leader.” As such, I share a message with the ladies – – – and this year I have chosen a selection each month out of my journal titled, “I Can, and I Will… Watch Me!”
Today’s “I Can” message was titled, “I Can Share.” And what I shared was the ideas from a link my friend, Lee, sent me titled “Embrace Values.”
- Wearing a $300 or a $3 watch –
– They both tell the same time.
- Whether they carry a $300 purse or a $3 handbag from the Nearly New –
– The amount of money on the inside is the same.
- Whether we drive a $150K car or a $30K car,
– The road and distance are the same
and we get to the same destination.
- Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $10 wine (if we drink it all)
– The hangover is the same.
- Whether the house we live in is 300 sq. ft. or 30,000 sq. ft,
– The loneliness is the same.
- You will realize your true happiness does not come from
– the material things in this world.
- Whether you fly first class or economy,
– If the plane goes down – you go with it.
- Therefore… I hope you realize
– When you have mates, buddies, and old friends,
brothers and sisters who you chat with, laugh with,
talk and pray with, sing songs with,
talk about north, south, east, and west,
that is true happiness! And they will share
and agree with you on these:
Five Undeniable Facts of Life
- Don’t educate your children to be rich,
– educate them to be happy so they will
know the value of things, not the price.
- Best awarded words in London:
– Eat your food as your medicine –
otherwise you will have to eat your medicine as food.
- The ones who love you will never leave you for another
– because even if there are 100 reasons to give up,
he/she will find one reason to hold on.
- There is a big difference between a human being
and being human,
– only a few really understand it.
- You are loved when you are born.
You will be loved when you die.
– In between, you just have to learn to manage!
If you just want to walk fast, walk alone!
But if you want to walk far, walk together!
– Thank you for walking together with one another here in this,
Our Madison Valley!! God bless you!!
Our ladies in the Madison Valley Woman’s Club are those kinds of friends.
We are so blessed to have one another to work with, laugh with,
meet with, and care for. Thank you, Ladies! I love you!!