Bloganuary#16 asked us to write about something we are passionate about. I can’t pick just one! Can you? Do your passions include some of the six things I am passionate about?
Here are a half a dozen of mine:
1. Let’s start with my love of home and family and the delight at being safely back here again. That’s passionately on my heart right now after being gone 3 weeks, getting a miserable respiratory virus, and being cared for so lovingly by our son, Ty & his wife Monika:
2. If you have read any of my blogs before this one, it will not surprise you that I am passionate about Jesus and His sacrifice that saved my soul. I love the Lord with all my heart and pray daily for His Holy Spirit to guide my thoughts and actions, and to guard my tongue, and to inspire my writing. I read His Word daily and am passionate about inspiring others to Trust also in His promises.
3. I am passionate about music. Often I include a YouTube music clip at the end of my daily message here. I love to sing. I used to play the clarinet (was quite good once upon a time before arthritis bent my fingers so badly – my skill was thanks to years of private lessons my parents provided for me and hours of happy practice during those ages from 10 to 18 – – – I also play the accordion (you can find posts about that by putting “accordion” in the search bar in the upper right of my blog). I still am passionate about sharing the joy of the accordion with others – – – it’s like carrying a party on your back!
Here’s a wonderful video clip of a great song sent to me by a dear friend this morning:
4. I am passionate about cooking – and providing homemade meals for Bob and me that are pretty as well as nutritious and tasty. Besides music and writing, cooking is one of my favorite hobbies. It’s one of the reasons I love following Caralyn’s posts on BeautyBeyondBones. If you haven’t followed her blog, do yourself a favor and check her out.
5. That’s another thing I am passionate about: finding things, places, people, books and blogs I love and sharing them with others. Here’s a link I hope will take you to the source of the picture below = (Thank you, Caralyn) https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/36990166/posts/3768091539
Isn’t that mango salsa
over a nice piece of flakey,
enough to make your mouth water?
What are you passionate about?
I’d love to hear.
There I am in those days when I was able to serve as a volunteer at the Food Bank. (I can’t right now… until I am sure this RSV is all gone … and until Bob & I return from our trip next week to Mayo Clinic). BUT, that’s #6 on my list of passions: using the time and talents God has given me to serve others with love and compassion.
I bet you do that, too (or are you waiting until you retire?)… Don’t!
Begin now… it’s so rewarding! In this COVID world, find a way!
Your talents are in passionate need out there!!
God Bless You!
Thanks for visiting JanBeek.
See ya tomorrow (God willing)
Comments on: "A Half a Dozen Passions" (9)
Love all your passions!! You do it well and with a beautiful smile.
I think you live your whole life passionately, Jan! That is why you are a joy to learn to know and to connect with on the blog! Great post!
Thank you, Dwight! You are a blessing to get to know, too. Maybe we can meet you and your wife in person sometime – just like Bob & I had the privilege of meeting Derrick & Jackie 🥰😍
Your are welcome! That would be very interesting for sure.
Oops… You are…. not your
Not to worry! Spellcheck changes my perfect grammar to “other than perfect” lots of times… I know you’re aware of that, too!
Your blogs always make me feel good! My biggest passion is my family, too. Passion or obsession… or perhaps a little bit of both!
Ah thanks, sweet lady!! You make me feel good, too!!