“If it is possible,
so far as it depends on you,
live peaceably with all.”
With all the strife in the world today,
the least we can do is to live in peace
with ourselves, our neighbors, our families.
And if we see someone in need,
reach out a helping hand.
Heaven knows, regardless of how bad
things seem to be for us,
it never is hard to find someone
who is worse off than we are.
He complained about
Having no shoes for his feet
Others had no feet
Be contented with the little things.
They really aren’t so little after all!
“Not that I am speaking of being in need,
for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
I know how to be brought low,
and I know how to abound.
In any and every circumstance,
I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger,
abundance and need.
I can do all things
through him who strengthens me.”
These photos were sent to me by Daughter #2 in Maryland.
That tornado and car pile-up were about 8 miles from her home.
She is thanking God for the fact that the strong winds
she had at her house didn’t knock down trees
or create a power outage.
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Pray with Me
God Almighty, I honor and praise You
for the works of Your hands,
for the beauty of the earth,
for the love You have for Your people
and for the animals.
I ask you now to protect
those who are ravaged by tornadoes
and floods, fires, and hurricanes,
wars and injustices.
Help us to know and trust
that You are with us
and You hear and answer
the fervent prayers of Your people.
Save us, Lord.
Bring rain to those who need it
and sunshine to those
who need freedom from flooding.
Help us find contentment
in Your care and promises.
Find contentment in little blessings (some of them are not so little):
- my black & blue eyes are healing
- the bump on my forehead is decreasing
- our smoky valley has cleared a little (we can see the mountains again)
- the firefighters are diligently working to contain the wildfires
- my grandson, Chris, made it safely to Colombia (that’s him & his girlfriend, Natalia’s picture behind me there)
- so far our granddaughter’s house in South Lake Tahoe has not caught fire – and they are safely evacuated to stay with their other grandparents in southern CA
- our son & his wife’s house is safe from the fires (and they are graciously housing a family who were evacuated from theirs)
- my husband’s doctor has okayed his fishing trip to Alaska (he leaves next Monday) – in spite of some health scares this week – he is better :o)
- you came to visit my blog and share the message of contentment in your life (in spite of challenges) – I look forward to your comments ❤
God bless you!
See ya tomorrow (God Willing)