My blogging friend, BigSkyBuckeye, was nominated for the Sunshine Award. In the process of accepting it, he was asked to nominate eleven other bloggers. I was #11 – Yay!
Thank you, Richard, for the affirmation. In your acceptance, you were told to publish the rules – and you asked your nominees to pass them along.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them. Thank you, https://bigskybuckeye.com/2019/10/05/sunshine-blogger-award/
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post. (Here they are … and here it is)
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you. (I will do that now… see below)
- Name one person who always finds a way to inspire you: Derrick in BC
- How has blogging benefited your life? It has given me a way to find a group of friends world-wide who read my daily messages and inspire me to share the positivity in my life.
- Do you like to experience nature? YES! If so, what is one of your favorite activities? I love four-wheeling in the Rocy Mountains n our ATV with my hubby, my dog, TazE, and our friends.
- How important is family to you? Extremely! I am blessed with a terrific son, a darling daughter, seven grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, a sister, six loving in-laws and their children, a wonderful niece and her family… ah, Gof is good! That reminds me, my church family is such a blessing, too. Brothers and Sisters in Christ enrich my life… Important is putting it mildly!)
- What is your favorite season of the year? Springtime. Why is it your favorite? It seems to spell newness and rebirth. I love the freshness. It feels like “Beginning again” – and it contains Easter, my favorite holiday.
- What month were you born? July
- If you could visit any place in the world for the first time, where would you want to go? Maine and Nova Scotia. They are on my “Bucket List.”
- Who is one of your most favorite authors? Bob Goff: “Love Does”
- What is something which you have a great deal of passion for? Two H’s: Honeybees and the Holy Spirit
- Share a favorite verse of Scripture or an inspiring quotation. John 3:16
- Tell us one interesting facet about yourself. I was “Tammy Tiger” the University of the Pacific’s first female mascot – after it changed from C.O.P. to U.O.P. – and my band director was disgusted that I did that. He said, “Anyone can wear a costume and run around the football field, but you’re my first chair clarinetist… not just anybody can do that!” But, what he didn’t know was, the costume for Tammy Tiger fit my 5 foot frame… not just anybody could fit into that either!
4. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts. (This will be done tomorrow)
5. Ask the nominees 11 new questions (I need have time to think about that!)
Thank you, BigSkyBuckeye!!
See you tomorow.
Wouldn’t this old world be better
If the folks we meet would say,
“I know something good about you,”
And then treat us just that way?
Wouldn’t it be fine and dandy
If each handclasp warm and true
Carried with it this assurance,
“I know something good about you”?
Wouldn’t life be lots more happy
If the good that’s in us all
Were the only thing about us
That folks bothered to recall?
Wouldn’t life be so much better
If we praised the good we see?
For there’s such a lot of goodness
In the worst of you and me.
Wouldn’t it be wise to practice
That fine way of thinking, too?
You know something good about me.
I know something good about you!
Louis C. Shimon
COMMENTER / COMMENTATOR AWARD
GinaV at Professions for PEACE practices that way of thinking. She not only thinks, “I know something good about you,” but she takes the time to express it. When she sees others doing the same, she praises it with her affirmations and her nominations. Thank you, Gina, for nominating my blog for the Commenter Award. I am grateful to her for introducing me to so many thoughtful and inspiring bloggers. She does this by reposting blogs that touch her heart, and by acknowledging others through the blogging awards nominations. It is a beautiful blogosphere out there, a big and beautiful world of writers with ideas to share. I thank you all for sharing your time and thoughts. Like Gina, I love to offer comments and insights, both on my own blog as well as in replies or comments on others. In accepting this award, I will continue the “love circle” by passing on the links to some lovely people who also warmly encourage others. My nominees will be posted as an addendum to this soon. Meantime, you are here – reading this – and you may recognize that poem as one of those from my mom’s 1936 collection. More treasures to come!
I want to know something good about YOU, my blogging friend. Write a comment! And – have a beautiful day. God Bless You!