Hello, Sir Lion!
I feared you had gone away.
Welcome to today!
Miss Kitty out here
Threatened to take me over
While you stayed hidden.
I’m glad you appeared
To help me face challenges;
Today’s full of them.
My To-Do List
- Finish cleaning that darn office
- Go up in my sanctuary; worship and consult with God
- Figure out what to put in our suitcases and pack ’em
- Fix and eat a healthy breakfast
- Go downtown and buy hostess gifts
- Confirm our flights and choose our seats
- Leave a list of helpfuls for the folks who’ll be in our house
- Visit shut-ins
- Go to Bell Choir Practice
- Fix and eat dinner
- Clean up the kitchen and dust the house
- Get a good night’s sleep for tomorrow’s long travel day
Take strength and courage
From Mr. Lion in me.
Tackle those To-Do’s!
Have a productive day, my friends.
I’m headed into that darn office.
Can’t have it looking so messy
when our family arrives for Thanksgiving.
Do you have a room like that at your place?
See Ya Later!
Comments on: "The Lion in Me" (9)
Don’t work too hard, ma! Nobody cares except you if there are piles around the place. Good luck getting your last minute tasks accomplished. Have a safe flight tomorrow! I love you!
Thanks, De. The office looks as good as it’s gonna get at this point. My suitcase is packed. Now – gotta get your dad to decide what he wants to take!
Happy travels. I loved the poem and the picture was so reflective of that wonderful lion that exists in all of us.
Thanks, Dr. Thomas, you’re right! There is a wonderful lion in each of us!! <3
I wish I could pop on over and help with that office. But I agree with De! Don’t worry about it and don’t work too hard. Rest up for your long trip! Love you 🙂
My office is part of the entrance hall. I just hope everyone walks past the desk without looking 🙂
So you can relate, huh? I got it sorta presentable. I bet yours always is!
Nice post Amen