In today’s sermon,
Elaine told a story of
A lighthouse keeper:
On a stormy night,
He climbed the rocks to the light;
Turned it on and fell.
He fell and he died
That night on the rocky hill
After doing his job.
A sailor that night
Saved his passengers and crew
Because of the light.
The lightkeeper died
So that others might be saved
From falls in darkness.
Elaine Hundley, who delivered the message in church today reminded us that, like this lighthouse keeper, Jesus died that we might live. He gave His life for us. Likewise, we are reminded to share our lives – give what we have – to brighten the lives of others.
Elaine read from Luke 12:13-21,
and she reminded us –
“All we have is on loan to us
From the Lord, the Almighty.
If we have extra, we are told
To give it away; don’t hold tightly.“
These are eleven of the WordPress bloggers
who provide sunshine in my life –
They share the writing talents they have been given;
They are my choices
for the Sunshine Blogger Award :
- Cristian Mihai, The Art of Blogging
- lilie215, Tea and Toast with Kindness
- Sandra, Into the Light Adventures
- MeRaw, The Journey of My Left Foot (whilst remembering my son)
- Claudia, Humoring the Goddess
- Dr. Perry, Dr. Eric Perry, PhD
- Betul Erbasi – To Write or not to Write and What to Write
- Marts, for much deliberation
- Ann Koplow, The Year(s) of Living Non-Judgmentally
- ELLE, elleguyence
Dear Readers, you will enjoy checking out the blogs listed above. They are always inspiring. If any of these people wish to accept the award (Big Sky Buckeye already did – he sent this to me) and put it on their blog site, check back to see the rules posted yesterday on JanBeek.
Among the rules, I was asked to answer 11 questions and then create 11 questions for my Sunshine Award recipients to answer. Here are my questions:
- When did you start blogging?
- Why did you start blogging?
- How often do you generally blog?
- What’s the main topic of your blog (your “niche”)?
- Is there a particular time of day when you generally blog? If so, when and why?
- Who is your most faithful follower?
- Do you have a tendency to post with that person in mind? Or do you have a different technique for personalizing your message?
- Of all your posts, which one would you save if all were lost except one?
- What’s one piece of advice you can pass on to beginning bloggers?
- Where do you get most of your ideas?
- If you could improve one thing about WordPress, what would it be?
See ya tomorrow.