Today we went to Yellowstone National Park with our grandson, Nick, and his sweetheart, Celine.
The only entrances into the park that were open were the north gate by Gardner and the north-east gate by Cooke City. We were able to enjoy the Mammoth Hot Springs and the road to the Tower. Only on that last road were we able to spot a few bison. Not being able to go through West Yellowstone to Old Faithful was a disappointment, but Nick will just have to return with Celine some summer when the whole park is available. Highlights today were:
- TazE enjoying the Bighorn sheep that were right by the road (we did, too)
2. Enjoying a day in Yellowstone at Mammoth Hot Springs with Nick & Celine
3. Being healthy & vigorous enough to enjoy walking the Mammoth Hot Springs trail, too!
4. Stopping in Gardner for refreshments on our way home
5. And enjoying the changing colors of the night sky on our way home
Hopefully next trip we’ll be able to go through West Yellowstone and see Old Faithful in her glory. But meantime, we had a great day with bighorn sheep, bison (at a distance), antelope, mule tail deer, and a bald eagle delighting our visitors.
Nick took lots better pictures than I did… and his Instagram posts will delight his followers, I am sure.
Hopefully you can come some day, too… and enjoy this beautiful park with us.
Meantime, thanks for visiting with us today.
See ya tomorrow (God willing)
To see more of Yellowstone Park, click on that August 9, 2019 post. Our cousin, Sofia, visited the Park with us on that occasion. Old Faithful and the hot springs were in full array.