Social Distancing Report
- Quarantine Day 15: KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
- Day 16: Classified Ad: Single woman with toilet paper seeks man with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
- Day 17: I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
- Day 18: I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I’m getting tired of Los Livingrooma.
- Day 19: Order Take-out to be delivered. Really tired of my own cooking!
- Day 20: Try my jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas would have me believing all is well in the kingdom.
- Day 21: I don’t think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we’d go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone. I’m living a Sci-Fi movie!
- Day 22: I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog….. we laughed a lot.
- Day 23: Homeschooling Nightmare – One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
- Day 24: I’m so excited — it’s time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
- Day 25: Ordered mask to be delivered; plan to venture out with face properly covered.
- Day 26: Called all the relatives, near and far. Yup, they are going crazy, too.
- Day 27: Mask arrived. Nice fabric! Brought lawn chair to neighbor’s yard. Sat 6′ away. Had trouble hearing.
- Day 28: Donned mask, went to town. Bought roses and Easter cards at the grocery store. Had fun dropping them off at neighbors’ front doors.
- Day 29: Checked closets to see if anything decent still fits. Found an old maternity dress!
- Day 30 of Homeschooling: My child just said “I hope I don’t have the same teacher next year”…. I’m offended.
- Thoughts to ponder:
– Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under!
– Still haven’t decided where to go for Easter —– The Living Room, the Bedroom, or a chair on the beach (that would be quite a drive!)
What are you doing this weekend?
How did you acknowledge
Maundy Thursday and Good Friday?
We had a ZOOM meeting
last night with friends
from our California church.
Do you s’pose Jesus used ZOOM?
Comments on: "Social Distancing – Days 15 to 30" (25)
Got a good chuckle on a few of these! Keep up the good work. Laughter is the best medicine.
Thank you, Donna. It was a medicine that I seemed to need today!
Wonderful Jan…. Your sense of Humour is spot on…. And laughter is not only proven to boost the immune system.. But to heal…. Keep laughing and sharing your smiles my friend.. <3
Thank you, Sue. I needed to lighten up today because “Good Friday” sometimes doesn’t feel GOOD at all… even though I know Jesus had to die so I can have eternal life. The terrible cruelty of His death can get me down. So, I needed a good laugh – and yes, a “boost to the immune system!” Thanks for joining me. <3
Very funny … and very true.
Thank you got the humour.
You’re welcome! I am glad to have added a chuckle to your day. Good Friday can feel anything but good sometimes. It’s really hard to realize just how cruel Jesus’ death was!
Brings us to tears … and mankind has not changed much.
Where’s the sad button when I need it?
I know. Blessings Ms JanBeek
Wonderful Jan! Just what I needed for today!! You are the Best! Happy Easter Weekend.
[…] Social Distancing – Days 15 to 30 […]
Thank you for reposting, Charlotte! How kind of you. Big Hugs 🤗
Haha. This was a fun read. I too need to social distance from the fridge and pantry…oh the discipline it requires!
I ask God every morning to help me this day with self-control. ‘Tain’t easy!
Hello Jan, how are you doing? nice to hear from you today God help us to over come this Virus Amen
Hope your family are save there
Thank you, Ezekiel, all is well here. Have a Happy Holy Weekend. <3
You welcome sweetie and Happy Easter to you and your family
What are you doing for now Jan?
Today is Holy Saturday… a day of rest! May you have a restful one, too. <3
Amen thank you so much….How are you doing?
Some very good jokes, here
Glad you enjoyed them, Derrick. Have a restful Saturday!
Jan, thanks for sharing some lighter moments. Social distancing has its challenges, but there is always time for another film from TCM. Our church put together short videos entitled “Cries From the Cross.” Each delves into the final words of Christ on the Cross. They have been outstanding.
Those short videos sound like a clever way to make the cross experience more real to us. Great idea!