(adapted from The Open Church Foundation’s
prayer by Wallace Fridy)
“This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
God, I am truly grateful for:
- another day,
- another morning
- another hour,
- another minute,
- another chance
to live and to serve You.
Please, God, today, free me from all:
- fear of the future,
- anxiety about tomorrow,
- bitterness toward anyone,
- cowardice in the face of danger,
- laziness from work,
- failure before opportunity, and
- weakness when Your Power is at hand.
But, O God, please fill me with:
- Love that knows no barriers,
- Sympathy that reaches all,
- Courage that can’t be shaken,
- Faith strong enough for darkness,
- Strength sufficient for my tasks,
- Loyalty to Your Kingdom’s goal,
- Wisdom to meet life’s complexities, and
- Power to lift me to You.
Please, O God,
be with me for another day,
and use me in Your Will.
In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray.