Awarded for Reaching Out
At the AARP Annual Awards dinner in Helena, MT tonight, Bob & I were awarded a wooden Montana serving plaque as a thank you for our years of service to the Ennis communty. (Thank you, Elaine Forsberg, for nominating us). We do so little compared to so many others!! But, we know every helping hand matters.
What an honor to be among a room full of people from all over our state who enjoy serving others during these, their senior years. Our community of Ennis is filled with people who work tirelessly to help others in a variety of unheralded ways. On behalf of all of you who volunteer to help others at:
- The Senior Center
- The Madison County Library
- The Lion’s Club (Park & Auction, etc.)
- The Manor
- The Madison Valley Medical Center
- The Food Bank
- The Ennis Arts Association Festival
- The Fly Fishing Festival
- The Ennis Children’s Community School
- The Senior Companion Program
- Local Churches
- The Ennis Schools
- The MVWC (Madison Valley Woman’s Club – Nearly New)
- Etc., etc., etc
We thank you … and we encourage you to keep on giving of your time, talents and love.
This award is for all of you who volunteer!
Tell me some of the ways YOU enjoy volunteering your time.
See ya tomorrow.